FOX Sports is the global innovator in sports production and we are looking to maintain our creative excellence in the digital world with the consumer products that we create for our customers.
FOX Cincinnati, a division of FOX Corporation, is looking for a passionate entry-level software engineer who enjoys working in a casual, flexible, high-paced work environment.
At FOX Cincinnati, we write the software and build the products millions of sports and entertainment consumers choose to enjoy. Our strong team of developers is expanding as the demand for
digital entertainment continues to grow. Now's your chance to get into the sports and entertainment industry while also advancing your technical skills.
Mobile development, platform development, web development -- it's all happening now.
For this position, we are specifically looking for a full stack developer to help us create interactive products.
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Engineering or Computer Science or similar
- 1-3 years of full-time software development experience
- Strong understanding of C# or similar language
- Experience with source control and managed releases
- Knowledge of caching strategies
- Experience with REST/JSON and API development
- Dependency injection, SOLID design principles, web components
- Relational database experience
- Develop custom software solutions for mass-scale usability
- Create responsive user interfaces that work well across all browser and device types
- Perform iterative testing and improvement cycles for optimal code and user experience
- Develop software system testing procedures, programming, and documentation
- Maintain and improve existing products incorporating analysis and feedback
- Participate in product brainstorming sessions
- Stay current on software development practices and the technology industry
- Stay current on sports and entertainment products, topics and trends
- Other duties and responsibilities, as assigned
What we're really looking for is someone who...
- Contributes clean, optimized, documented and well-tested code
- Takes great pride in his/her work and is excited to show it off to friends
- Analyzes a problem and thinks through potential solutions before writing a line of code
- Is always looking to improve, learn from and share knowledge with his/her peers
- Thinks through project scope and provides accurate time estimates
- Consistently meets deadlines, anticipates issues and raises concerns early
- Solves problems without being asked
- Enjoys working with others
- Is flexible and open to feedback
- Enjoys writing software, talking about software and using software on all platforms and devices
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable law.