FOX Sports is the global innovator in sports production and we are looking to maintain our creative excellence in the digital world with the consumer products that we create for our customers.
At FOX Cincinnati, a development studio within FOX Corporation, we develop mobile apps, websites, backend platforms, video players and machine learning solutions. We create the digital products that allow you to enjoy the NFL, MLB, NASCAR, UFC, NBA, NHL, USFL, WWE, Soccer, college basketball, college football and more.
Our team of 50-plus strong software engineers, test engineers, graphic designers, scrum masters and product managers are passionate about software, sports and games. We develop in the newest technologies and follow the latest software development principles. Although we're in a brand new office that opened in March of 2022, our Blue Ash, Ohio start-up culture remains (t-shirts, headphones, shuffleboard, etc.).
FOX Cincinnati is seeking a talented, self-motivated individual looking for a software developer co-op or internship position. If you have a passion for software development, an interest in games, sports or entertainment, then we could be a great fit. We provide fantastic opportunities to learn all aspects of software development. Prove yourself and more challenging opportunities will be waiting.
Our goal is to provide students real-world experience on one of our many development teams. Work with a mentor, build features to be used by millions of sports fans and learn the full software development cycle. Challenge yourself and increase your responsibilities each semester with an option to work part-time while in school.
- Enrolled in a Computer Science, Computer Engineering or similar college major
- Interested in software development
- Desire to learn a variety of technologies, tools and systems
- Possesses a creative mindset
- Strong desire to improve skills and increase responsibility and productivity
- Develop new features consisting of easy-to-medium difficulty levels
- Perform iterative testing and improvement cycles for optimal code and user experience
- Maintain and improve existing products incorporating analysis and feedback
- Participate in product brainstorming sessions
- Stay current on software development practices and the technology industry
- Stay current on sports and entertainment products, topics and trends
- Other duties and responsibilities, as assigned
What we're really looking for is someone who...
- Contributes clean, optimized, documented and well-tested code
- Takes great pride in his/her work and is excited to show it off to friends
- Analyzes a problem and thinks through potential solutions before writing a line of code
- Is always looking to improve, learn from and share knowledge with his/her peers
- Thinks through project scope and provides accurate time estimates
- Consistently meets deadlines, anticipates issues and raises concerns early
- Solves problems without being asked
- Enjoys working with others
- Is flexible and open to feedback
- Enjoys writing software, talking about software and using software on all platforms and devices
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable law.